August 8, 2011

Genre Reading

The other day I met a woman who has been diagnosed for the second time with cancer. This time she will not recover. She has always read nonfiction, mainly biographies and was looking for a book to read. Being the meddler I am, I suggested she try something different. I handed her One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. The next week she returned for more books by Janet Evanovich. She really enjoyed the humor. Laughing helped lift her spirits. I am sad to say I have not seen her since, and it has been a month, but I do think of her.

When you look for a book do you stick to one genre or do you read multiple genres?
 

I find myself reading Mysteries, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, Romantic Suspense, Fantasy Romance, Historical Romance, I also enjoy some non-fiction cookbooks of course, and strangely enough books about trains.

Selling used books gives me a wide variety to choose from today I am reading Deep Midnight by Shannon Drake part of her Vampire Series. O course you can find books I have for sale at WNBooks.com.





Sign up to view, Posts of a Whatnot nature, find product updates, book talk, and my memories of life. Wherever the ideas take me.  



* indicates required








    Email Format
   













4 comments:

  1. I like books on health, sports,motivational books, and books on interesting peoples lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love Janet Evanovich. Just read the newest one last week. Not as good as some of the first ones, but still delicious :D I also enjoy crime novels, some mysteries, and occasional romance. I collect trains but don't think I've ever read a book about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. REading taste are as individual as the person. I had the pleasure of meeting Janet Evanovich a few weeks ago. I will be putting a few copies of her latest up for sale tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to read the books the kids brought home, guess Jr. High is about my level?!? Also enjoy some "Whodunits" and romances. Definitely favor fiction.
    Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder are among all time favorites. Think I was a pioneer in a previous life.lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome.


Subscribe to our newsletter