May 15, 2011

Funeral of the heart.

The stage is set, the curtain up and Funeral of the Heart in it black and white dressing, just pulled me in. You open the pages and it is entirely black and white scratchboard format keeps this book surreal.
Funeral of the Heart by Leah Hayes 1st, 1st
Intermissions were taken, just to absorb each of the the each of the five stories within. The 'comic format' of the artist in its beautiful compelling, dark, strange, disjointed, otherworldly effect gives this book a greater impact.

Billed as a comic, this book is anything but, the stories are too dark and deep to be a comic and yet the the artwork could be considered just that. In a class all it's own, I would recommend this book for the deep thinkers artistic side.

Not your run of the mill book, check out Flicker's Funeral of the heart slide show.

Myself, I picked the book up started to read only to set the book down to think. Totally different from my usual reading, wondering if I wanted to finish, yet I could not walkaway. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.


Subscribe to our newsletter