May 28, 2011

The Coffee Dilemma

If you know me you know I love my coffee. Well this week has been a night mare. I have gone through 2 coffee pots, 3 different kinds of coffee and 4 different waters.

Pot #1
I woke up one morning and made my coffee. Now I have had problems with my allergies and did not trust my nose. I took the trash out thinking the smell was coming from there.
No luck the first sip I could not believe how bad the coffee tasted. Not relying on my taste buds my husband took a taste and I promptly was informed it was the coffee and not me.


Pot #2
Repeated step number 1 same coffee same pot, this pot was not as bad but still not drinkable. Now the night before the power had been out perhaps it was residual soap on the pot.

Pot #3
I pulled out the 4 cup pot and began again. Still not a good pot of coffee but much better than the first 2. This led to me rewashing all the plates, silverware and glassware in my cabinets. I had to be the soap.

Pot #4
The next morning the coffee was just as bad as the first day. Well I have clean dishes and cabinets since I had emptied all the dishes and rewashed as I could not remember what I had put away I cleaned the shelves. OK it was not the soap, the smell is horrible.

Pot #5
Switched coffee, perhaps it was something that dropped into the grinder at the store. Mixed some decaf with an espresso roast. drinkable made it through the morning and various doctors appointments with my husband.

Pot #6
Have not made it to the store for more coffee, repeated the mix from the day before absolutely horrible, now I am convinced it is the pot having a problem as the smell is unbelievable.

Pot #7
Again with the 4 cup pot not horrible but still not drinkable! OK I pull out the computer and check for waterline breaks in the area only to find, the water company has changed its purification process!

Pot #8
Purified water does not make a good pot of coffee. it is flat! I am used to the local minerals giving the coffee a complex flavor.

Pot #9
Distilled water, my husband uses this for his breathing machine, still bland.

Pot #10
Spring water obtained for the grocery store. Better but still not what I want, In the meantime I am not drinking the amount of water I usually drink. Broke down and had a can of diet soda.

Pot #11
Added an extra soup of coffee better not great water still smelly. Breaking down and doing laundry the house smell like chlorine.

As of today I am making do with the coffee mixture of pot #11 waiting until the water stops smelling. I have had a headache all week started drinking bottled water just to rehydrate. I am down to 2 cups of coffee a day instead of my usual pot.


Sign up to view, Posts of a Whatnot nature, find product updates, book talk, and my memories of life. Wherever the ideas take me.  



* indicates required








    Email Format
   

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.


Subscribe to our newsletter