November 7, 2010

Book grading

The problem, or is it a blessing, of selling books is, I find many I want to read. This morning I found:

Something the cat dragged in by Charlotte MacLeod

Watch me as I grade this book.

Published for the Crime Club by Doubleday, 1983 Marked N50 on page 184. Dj has 2495 on the back. Jacket By David Johnson
Hum, First Edition! Maybe I will not read it.
The Dust Jacket has rubbing, edge wear, a small tear at the upper spine and on edges of the book. My grade Good.
The Book, The spine is not new tight it has been read, the pages look clean, no dog ears, Price in pencil on first page I will leave this there. Bottom spine looks bumped, Corners lightly bumped. Small spot bottom edge.

My final write up
"First Edition VG Has been read, Published for the Crime Club by Doubleday, 1983 Marked N50 on page 184. DJ has 2495 on the back. Jacket By David Johnson, sticker on back of DJ and Spine. Price in pencil first page. Soiling on back bottom corner of book. Edge wear light. Binding normal wear. Corners are bumped. Pages clean and crisp. DJ Good has chips tears and/ or rubbing. "

#4 in the The Peter Shandy Series

AN OLD CODGER, A TOMCAT, AND A KILLER

The venerable Herbert Ungley wouldn't have been caught dead without his toupee. So when his landlady's cat dragged it into her kitchen, Betsy Lomax knew something was amiss. When she found old Ungley lying behind the Balaclavian Society clubhouse, she knew it was murder. And when the police chief called it an accident, she knew it was time to call Professor Peter Shandy, whose success at sleuthing had already surpassed his fame as father of the world-renowned rutabaga, the Balaclava Buster.

Before long, the Hercule Poirot of the turnip fields found himself knee-deep in unanswered questions: Who was Ungley's long-lost heir? Where had Ungley's shockingly large bank account come from? Why had another dead body been planted among the trees of Balaclava College? And would Professor Shandy be able to root out the killer?


It takes me time to get each book posted If you want this book I am posting it without the picture now, but I will have a photo posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.


Subscribe to our newsletter