October 12, 2010

Chicken again! Fried Rice!

I did a rotisserie chicken recipe the other day I hope you enjoyed it. Today I did a pseudo Fried rice. I will admit it is not as good as the authentic, but I think I was close.

Cookbooks


I began with 3/4 cup diced onion sauteed over med-low heat, I then measured out 1/2 cup rice, tossed that into the onion mixture added 1 cup of homemade chicken stock, 1 - 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables. a dash of salt and pepper, cover and simmer approx 1o minutes. While cooking I diced 1 cup rotisserie chicken. I added the chicken to the top to warm about 5 more minutes. Just before serving I added 2 teaspoons soy sauce.

I have a mild allergy to eggs so I dished up one plate, then scrambled 1 egg into the second portion.

Serve hot of course.

Now this is not "fried" but it does not stick to my skillet and takes very little fat to produce.

Something seemed to be missing or is it my cold any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.


Subscribe to our newsletter