April 13, 2011

The Silver Wolf by Alice Borchardt

One thing about selling used books you can run across some gems. While packing my books for the move, the cover on this books caught my eye. The eyes seemed to look at you. Now I placed it to the side. I had to pace myself and not stay up all night reading with the amount of work I need to get done.


 4 star reading. 
Set in Ancient Rome it draws you into the intrigue of the times, while helping a young woman deal with being a wolf cruelly raised far away from her kind. Arranged marriages, witchcraft trials and abusive relatives. The story pulls you in with just enough adventure to keep you intrigued. A kind hearted courtesan becomes her mentor and friend. A great story.

Alice Borchardt's interview at the end of this paperback is a treat. Of course she is Anne Rice's sister.


Have you ever read this book? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.


Subscribe to our newsletter