Now what exactly is a Jello salad? According to Wikipedia:
Jell-O salad, also called Gelatin salad, jelly salad, and congealed salad is the common name for salad made with flavored gelatin, fruit and sometimes grated carrots or, more rarely, other vegetables. Other ingredients may include cottage cheese, cream cheese, marshmallows, nuts or pretzels.
Now Golden Glow Salad is relatively simple.
Peel and grate carrots to cover the bottom of a dish. about 2.5-3qt in size. (we always used a Pyrex Glass Casserole about 13 X 9 X 2)
- 2 (6 ounce) package orange flavored gelatin mix
- 2 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 8 large carrots, shredded
- Peel and Shred Carrots.
- Drain Pineapple reserving juice.
- In a large bowl, prepare the orange gelatin according to package directions using reserved pineapple juice in place of some of the cold water.(adjust hot water so as not to waste juice if you have more than you need of the cold water.)
- Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours.
Joys of Jello Gelatin Dessert $9.99