August 7, 2010

Childhood memories

Golden glow salad
This book has sold out.

A summer staple in our family. Orange Jello, crushed pineapple and shredded carrots. Yummy. I have made it myself many times.

Joys of Jello Gelatin Dessert this collectible booklet introduces Celery, Italian Salad, Mixed Vegetable and Seasoned Tomato Jello!

Myself I cannot imagine Celery, Italian Salad, Mixed Vegetable and Seasoned Tomato Jello! Yes you can add them to my jello but even with carrots in my jello it is still dessert!
In 1964, the slogan "There's always room for Jell-O" was introduced, promoting the product as a "light dessert" that could easily be consumed even after a heavy meal. This slogan had a lasting effect on my young mind. Jello is dessert!
Golden glow salad
2 boxes Orange Jello
1 large can crushed pineapple, drained juice reserved.

Dessert Cooking Class Cookbook 1st, 1st


1.5-2 cups shredded carrots
In a 9- by 13-inch baking dish spread carrots, top with pineapple.
Fix Jello according to package. Use pineapple juice as part of water. Pour over pineapple and carrots stir gently.

Chill slice and serve. (Spooning also works for those of use who go casual in our dining!)







Sign up to view, Posts of a Whatnot nature, find product updates, book talk, and my memories of life. Wherever the ideas take me.  



* indicates required








    Email Format
   



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.


Subscribe to our newsletter