August 12, 2010

Dessert for the senses

Meadow-Scalloped Plate


Have you ever hosted a dessert party?

You would think you need tons of desserts, but with everyone dieting allow 2-3 small pieces per person. 

A sinfully wicked desert, just tempting you to savor it my Truffles
 

I melt 8 ounces of a good quality semisweet chocolate in 8 ounces of heavy cream atop a double boiler. Stirring until smooth, I then allow this to cool in the refrigerator. Using a pair of teaspoons I form balls of chocolate and roll them into cocoa powder or ground almonds.
 

I have also been known to add a tablespoon or two of Chambord, Kahlua, or Godiva Liqueur before placing in the refrigerator, then forming this adult only the balls.


As sinfully rich as this dessert is, with all the wonderful chocolate and cream, I serve one possibly two pieces on a bread and butter plate with a faint dusting of cocoa. Heavenly or Devilish you decide.




Sign up to view, Posts of a Whatnot nature, find product updates, book talk, and my memories of life. Wherever the ideas take me.  


* indicates required






    Email Format
   















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.


Subscribe to our newsletter