August 8, 2010

Peach Pancake

Today, I fixed Peach Pancakes for brunch. Not on my diet but I do enjoy them.

First I turn the oven on to 450° and place a cast iron pot (or skillet) inside.

Mix 3/4 cup unbleached flour, 3/4 cup milk and 3 whole eggs in bowl, add a dash of vanilla. When the oven is hot drop a teaspoon of butter into the cast iron skillet swirl to coat bottom and add pancake mixture. Bake for 10 minutes, then drop temperature to 350° for 15 minutes.

Vintage Lefton China "Wheat" Snack Plate & Cup


Place a skillet over med-high heat and add a thin layer of sugar. Keep an eye on it, when it starts to bubble and darken add a can of sliced (or diced) peaches. Stir and simmer over med heat, adding a dash of vanilla and cinnamon.

Cut and serve immediately. Yes it will "fall" after it comes out of the oven.

I have also used whole wheat flour in place of half the unbleached.

Great with coffee.


Oh yes you can use fresh peaches the same way, they just take a little longer to cook!


Sign up to view, Posts of a Whatnot nature, find product updates, book talk, and my memories of life. Wherever the ideas take me.  


* indicates required




    Email Format
   











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.


Subscribe to our newsletter