August 6, 2010

Love on the long side.


I met a woman on the candy isle. (My weaknesses books and candy). She had on a very unique necklace and I commented on it. She lite up with the biggest heart melting smile. She then told me, on their first wedding anniversary her husband presented her with this necklace. They were celebrating their 65th anniversary and she wanted to get chocolate for a special treat. A short time later her husband appeared with a bouquet of roses. They said good bye to me and turned hand in hand walking to the cash register.

I sit here smiling at the romance in their shopping spree, and wonder at the commitment their relationship has preserved.

A simple gift of a pearl necklace can have more meaning than the largest when given from the heart.









Sign up to view, Posts of a Whatnot nature, find product updates, book talk, and my memories of life. Wherever the ideas take me.  


* indicates required




    Email Format
   













No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.


Subscribe to our newsletter